Mother’s Day this year will be a little different because of quarantine and social distancing. Although I can not give my mom a big hug and a kiss, I won’t let that stop me from showering her with a gift and words of affirmation. Our tradition has always been a family gathering with grilled barbecue and of course signature blue crabs.
If you are struggling to find out ways to celebrate Mother’s Day with your loved ones, take a look at some of these ideas:
1) Art. Paint by number canvases are fun and are nice gifts that will entertain moms during quarantine. There are a variety of templates and the finished product can look very nice framed.
2) Movies. Gifting her one of her favorite movies on DVD or ordering her a movie via onDemand.
3) Hire a gardener to spruce up her yard and plant her some flowers. Or even build her a small garden with her favorite vegetables.
4) Gift card. Give her a gift card to one golf her favorite stores. Gift cards can be used online with fast delivery options.
5) Tablet or cell phone. A tablet or mobile device is a useful gift if your mom does not have one. It can allow her to connect virtually with you and other family and friends through video calls such as Zoom.
6) Make her a cake or deliver her cupcakes.
7) Ship her a nice flower arrangement.
Happy Mother’s Day!