Father’s Day just like Mother’s Day are important days of the year. It is a time to celebrate all dads, extended dads, and grandfathers. My dad passed away a few years ago, and around this time every year I’m reminded how much I miss him. It brings me joy to see my kids around their Dad and spending time with him. It’s their day to tell their Dad how much he is loved.
Sometimes it can be challenging to come up with something new to give a special Dad especially if that Dad already has everything he needs. That’s why sometimes the most precious gifts are the ones that do not come with a hefty price tag. Here are some items that make great Father’s Day gifts:
- A Photograph of a special occasion in a nice frame. This is a great, sentimental gift that captures the moment shared between two people. I think it’s always nice to have a great photo of someone important in your life that you can cherish and share with generations to come. Sometimes, we often forget to capture those unique moments.
- Gift Cards. Gift cards are always a good last minute gift. You can even throw in a gift card for golfing, a favorite restaurant, Groupons, Netflix subscriptions, wine tasting, jazz event, and other activities your Dad will enjoy.
- Fun Gadgets. Fitness Fitbit and accessories, cell phone and tablets, bluetooth enabled devices such as Google Home Mini, watch, and sport paraphernalia.
- Travel. Surprise him with a getaway trip. Road trips are the best!
- Throw him a brunch. Surround him with family and those who love him.