How do you balance family, work, life and most importantly self care?
We all live busy lives. You may be a caretaker, working extra hours to get promoted on the job, attending extracurricular activities with your kids all while trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle by eating right and working out.
We often don’t realize what effects multitasking can have on our bodies, more seriously our health until we experience “burn out”.
”Burn out” can cause stress, insomnia, anxiety, fatigue and other serious health conditions.
It is important for us to take time out to relax and refocus. Some ways to help relieve your stress are :
- Planning a day at the spa with no distractions (leave cell phone in the car)
- Take a break from social media
- Meditation and Yoga. Both have been proven to release anxiety and stress
- Socialize. Spend time with family and friends.
- Find a hobby you enjoy
- Dont be afraid to seek medical help if needed
If time is just not on your side and you can not complete all your tasks, don’t be afraid to ask a family member for help. A coworker, or maybe even a parent from your kids school may offer to share carpooling duties.
I often run out of time during the weekdays with my busy schedule of ensuring the kids get to school on time, and packing a healthy lunch. Another challenge is prepping food in advance for dinner in order to avoid a fast meal. Then ensuring the dishes are tidy and put away before bedtime. The list can go on and on.
Here are some ways that may be helpful in balancing your week schedule and tasks:
- Create a list and prioritize tasks. Invest in a planner or google calendar.
- Make time for yourself. You deserve it!
- Stay focused and eliminate distractions. Ditch those TV shows at night, DVR then and watch them later.
- Identify your support circle. These are people that understand what it’s like to be busy and can easily relate and empathize with you.
- Lastly, don’t give up!